About Our Dental Office and Staff
Dr. Marina Funtik DMD, MS, FACP
Prosthodontist & Cosmetic Dentist in Colorado Springs, COOasis Prosthodontics
Dr. Funtik is a Board Certified Prosthodontist, an award winning specialist in dental implants, cosmetic crowns, veneers, bridges, and cosmetic dentures. She is also a Chao Pinhole Gum Lift Academy graduate, treating and rejuvenating receding gums. Her passion for beautifying smiles combined with artistic skills in facial esthetics (using Botox and Juvederm) allow Dr. Funtik to create solutions that are completely customized to your individual needs and desires. Dr. Funtik strives for outcomes that bring out the most beautiful and natural you.
Dr. Funtik was named a Rising Star by Colorado Springs Business Journal and was voted by her peers a TOP Dentist in Colorado Springs Style Magazine. She was also recruited by American Academy of Facial Esthetics to become a Mentor, teaching other doctors and proudly serves on the Board of the American Heart Association.
As a Spokeswoman for American College of Prosthodontists, she represents her specialty of Prosthodontics on both local and national level.
In her early career, Dr. Funtik was trained as a dental lab technician. At the age of 19, she moved to Colorado Springs from Europe and graduated from Pikes Peak Community College in dental assisting. Here, she earned numerous awards such as the Rising Star Award, Arthur B. Metzger Outstanding Dental Assisting Student Award and both International and Dean's scholarships. She was recruited by St. Lawrence University on a full scholarship earning a Bachelor of Science degree graduating summa cum laude. She was also invited to join Phi Beta Kappa, a prestigious honor received by only about 1% of college seniors nationwide.
Dr. Funtik graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine in Farmington CT, where she was honored with the Hanau Excellence in Prosthodontics Award for outstanding clinical skills. Here, she also obtained her specialty training in Prosthodontics, specializing in complex restorative and implant treatments.
Dr. Funtik believes in helping patients in need and did mission trips to South Africa helping underserved children and Alaska providing dentures to Native Tribes.She believes in life-long learning and is a member of the International Team for Implantology (ITI), American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), American Dental Association (ADA), American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) and Colorado Springs Dental Society (CSDS).
In her free time, Dr. Funtik enjoys going to church and enjoys the outdoors. She loves nature and animals.
Dr. Funtik's awards and accomplishments:
- Board of the American Heart Association, Colorado Springs 2018
- Mentor at the American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) teaching other doctors 2018
- Spear Study and Faculty Club member since 2017
- Woman of Influence Award Colorado Springs Business Journal 2016
- Spokeswoman for American College of Prosthodontics 2016-2019
- TOP Colorado Springs Dentist peer vote Colorado Springs Business Journal 2016
- Rising Star Award Colorado Springs Business Journal 2016
- Hanau Excellence in Prosthodontics Award outstanding knowledge and skills in the study and clinical practice of Prosthodontics, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine 2009
- Dentsply Award outstanding student research presentation at 2007 ADA National Convention
- University Merit Scholarship award on academic merits, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa The Nation’s Oldest Academic Honor Society, St. Lawrence University 2005
- Beta Beta Beta National Biology Honor Society, St. Lawrence University 2005
- Merit Scholarship Academic and co-curricular achievements award, St. Lawrence University 2003-2005
- Rising Star Award One of two students recognized for leadership potential, Pikes Peak Community College 2002/2003
- Outstanding Dental Assisting Student Award Peer nomination, Pikes Peak Community College 2001/2002
- Dean’s Scholarship Academic merit award, Pikes Peak Community College 2002
- International Scholarship Award for extracurricular merits, Pikes Peak Community College 2001-2003
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society of the Two-Year College, Pikes Peak Community College 2001
- All Colorado Academic State Team One of the two students selected to represent PPCC nationally on academic merits, Pikes Peak Community College 2002
Vanessa Carbajal EDDA
Vanessa was born and raised in Colorado Springs. She earned Associates Degree of Applied Science in Dental Assisting and certification as an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant from Pikes Peak Community College. She was nominated by her peers to receive the Arthur B. Metzger Award for Outstanding Dental Assisting Student. She believes in staying on top of the latest and greatest in dentistry and providing the best care to her patients. Behind her gentle and soft-spoken personality is a talent for dental work; from color to contours and symmetry. When not doing dentistry, she enjoys fishing, camping and spending time with her husband and 2 children.
Amber Misleh RDH
Amber graduated from Pueblo Community College Dental Hygiene Program in 1997 and also served as a clinical instructor there teaching other hygienists. She has a passion for learning and loves reading top Hygiene Journals to bring only the best, well-proven dental treatments to our practice. Amber has been treating our patients since 1997. The relationship she has with our patients is the best part of her job. She loves getting to know them and she cherishes being part of their lives. She now treats 3 family generations and loves every bit of it. Amber is married to her high school sweetheart, Brad, and they have 2 children. She is an avid reader and loves to garden, spend time with family and friends, hike and ski and enjoys all that Colorado has to offer.
Linda Fisher RDH
Linda has over 20 years of experience in dental field and has earned her Dental Hygiene Degree from Pueblo Community College. She is a member of the ADHA and is passionate about educating her patients about how to maintain their oral health and how to beat gum disease. She loves taking continuing education classes with the latest in dental technology and proven dental research. Linda has an amazing talent at keeping patients comfortable with her gentle yet thorough touch and she brings lots of humor chairside. With her husband of almost 20 years, she has lived in Colorado Springs for a long time and loves all it has to offer. She is an excellent runner and athlete and loves yoga.